Admissions’ Procedures: Those students who are interested to seek admissions at RIHS will need to go through the process for getting admissions at the requested program. Students need to produce photocopies of the required documents along with the admission form, and submit them on or before the last date of admission. The following documents need to be submitted:
1. Four Pictures
2. Admission Form (duly filled)
3. Twelfth Grade Schooling Certificate (Shahadat Nama) for admission into Bachelor Program
4. Tenth/Twelve Grade Schooling Certificate for Diploma Program
5. Original document of citizenship of Afghanistan (Tazkira/Passport)
6. School leaving certificate from the last school attended (Optional)
7. All the certificates of professional achievements and any additional qualifications, if any (Recommended)
8. Twelfth Grade Equivalency Certificate of Education from Ministry of Education (in case of foreign students)
9. Approval and verification from the Ministry of Education (in case of local students)
10. Appearance and passing the Entry Test Exam.
11. Curriculum vitae (including regular mail)
- After the submission of all the necessary documents, the prospective student will be informed about the exact date of the Entry Test.
- Once the student passes this Entry Test, his/her respective documents will be sent to the Examination Committee for a final review.
- After analyzing and making necessary comments on the undergraduate student’s documents by the Examination Committee, the documents will be sending to the Admissions Office for final approval.
- Once the admission is approved, the student will be given a call to deposit the necessary fees and other charges.
- Completion of ten years of schooling for Diploma program, twelve years of schooling for Bachelor Program, and Four years of Bachelor for Master program
- Providence of all the required documents as stated above in admission procedure
- Passing of entry test with a score of at least 40 out of 110 for degree programs/ passing of interview for non-degree programs/ (short) courses.
Students who completed their education in Afghanistan
Those students who have completed their education in Afghanistan should get their Twelve Grade Certificate from the Ministry of Education (MoE).
a. In case the Ministry of Education has not issued the Twelve Grade Certificate the student shall submit a written request to the Vice Chancellor regarding the unavailability of the respective certificate. After which a letter will be written to Ministry of Education (MoE) for confirmation of the student’s particulars. Once the MoE responds by confirming the documents of the student, he/she may be given a conditional admission.
b. In absence of such confirmation by the Ministry of Education (MoE), the students’ admission shall be deemed as cancelled. And the student shall be asked to verify the documents and bring them complete in all respects.
Students who completed their education in a foreign country
Students who completed their education in a foreign country should:
- Attest their documents from Ministry of (Higher) Education Affairs in the country where they received their education.
- Bring their documents for attestation to Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country where they received their education.
- Attest their documents from Council General Office of Afghanistan in the country where they received their education.
- Bring their documents for attestation to Embassy of the Afghanistan in the country where they received their education.
- Receive an Equivalency Certificate of education from Foreign Affairs & Ministry of (Higher) Education/Ministry of Education (MoE) in Afghanistan.
- Bring all their documents to RIHS, including an Equivalency Certificate of education they have received from MoHE/MoE.
Migration Admission Cases (Bachelors Programs)
Those students who intend to get admission in the Bachelor Programs (within the relevant disciplines) and those who completed one or two semester in other Universities or Higher Education Institutes are required to follow the procedure mentioned below;
c. They will have to appear in the Entry Test (that can be exempted by the Chancellor upon the recommendation of the Vice Chancellor).
d. The migrating student needs to pass the Mid-Term Exams and Terminal Exams of various subjects that are not covered by the student in the previous semesters.
e. The student will provide an undertaking that he/she will have to go through a number of chances and shall pass the respective subjects before completion of the program. In case of non fulfillment of the necessary requirements as laid down by the Regulations Committee of the Institute the Institute reserves the right to terminate the admission of the student without prior notice.
f. The student will write the application to the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) stating his interest and desire to get admission in the RIHS. The Ministry will then request the Institute/University (from where the student is interested to migrate) and will desire their allowance. After getting the respective approval from the University/Institute the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will write a letter to the RANA Institute of Higher Studies for acceptance of the student. Once the approval is sought then the students’ record will be transferred to the RANA Institute of higher Studies.
g. Also the Ministry will send the students original/photocopy record to the RIHS in the earliest.
Diploma Students Migration Cases
Diploma students from both RIHS and other universities can only convert to a Diploma program of RIHS in the relevant program, and not to a Bachelor program. If interested, the student can also be admitted as a fresh student to a new (degree) program.
RANA Institute of Higher Education does not accept Diplomas form any Institute or University (inside or outside Afghanistan) for transferring credits into any of the undergraduate programs. The students need not to be bothered.
Call: +93 77 310 20 49
+93 77 310 20 51